I cannot and will not sit silent on this issue. By the grace of God, and with absolute admission of my limited ability to communicate these truths, I must try to share some thoughts with my brothers and sisters in Christ and anyone else who has ears to hear.
Beloved, our nation and culture is deep trouble! We know this. But, if the remnant church of Jesus Christ which knows and loves Almighty God does not speak up and do what needs to be done, than I do not believe anyone else will.
1. We must remember that Jesus Christ came to save and redeem the entire world and set the captives free. The Word of God says that He is not willing that any should perish. And, He calls and commands us to love others as He has loved us; with the same quality, dynamic, extent and power of love - regardless of our own personal feelings. Christians must admit and repent of any lack of love for those who are involved in sin, no matter how bothersome.
2. We must grapple with the fact that our own personal offenses, opinions and attitudes are no excuse for a lack of love. No one will ever have an excuse to not love others that can top the excuses Jesus Christ could have offered. Yet, while we were still sinners Christ died for us. If we are His, we will walk in love.
3. We must acknowledge that transgenderism is an expression of a great deal of pain and suffering. These individuals often feel very trapped and are miserable. According to one recent study, a 41 percent of transgenders, or those identified as gender-nonconforming, have attempted suicide. Even where some may be just arrogant and proud and intentionally flaunting their lifestyle and mocking God, even they are trapped in a bondage that is indeed miserable.
It was believed and accepted as fact in even the most educated circles for a much of human history that anyone male who thought he was a female, or desired to become one, was evidence of deviant and perverted behavior, resulting often from severe emotional and psychological troubles.
So, why has this view changed? Has it changed because of some new medical discovering or scientific fact? No! It has changed as our culture has rejected its theological and philosophical underpinnings.
But let not authentic believers in Jesus Christ fall into the same trap of rejecting the Biblical truth we love so much. Grace and compassion must be the foundation even in presenting truth and warning of God’s judgement.
4. With all that said, we can not escape the fact that transgenderism, as with other forms of sexual sin, is an expression of discontentment with God and is a form of rebellion against God.
You see, those of us who are convinced that we are created by, and in the image of, the Holy God of Heaven, understand that He is completely sovereign. He is God and we are not. And, one reason why our faith is so offensive to so many is that many hate this truth. We all, in our pride, want to be God ourself. This is a picture of the original sin in Eden. We want things our way when we refuse to acknowledge that the ways of God are infinitely better than anything we could design or image.
So, as one pastor put it, “Bruce Jenner can summon every ounce of athletic prowess he has ever had, and he will not be able to outrun his Y chromosomes. No matter how much female clothing is put on, no matter how many surgeries cut off, reshape, or implant whatever—no surgery can change the basic objective fact of XY with which he was not only born, but conceived. By the very fact of your conception, you are what sex and gender that you are. No transgender can escape this objective truth: It is written upon ever cell in your body.”
Bruce Jenner was created and designed as a man, conceived as a man, born a man and will die as a man. He can never change that. Unfortunately, our media and the progressive left often play both sides of this fence. They will fight tooth and nail to try to prove that homosexuals “were born that way” yet they sound silent on that argument when it comes to gender. Just one more evidence that this is not an argument of objective truth but rather emotionalism and hedonism.
There is a God and He designed and created us as the pinnacle of His beautiful creation. He has a plan for each one and He promises that those plans are good and wonderful. This is why we call it faith. Because, we will either believe that or choose not to and face the consequences.
5. Supporting and embracing destruction is not loving. To deny objective facts about yourself is to live a lie. Whatever problems may underlie the beginning of the process into transgenderism, it seems to me that living a lie can not only compound them but will (and does) cause a destructive internal struggle. And no matter how much the media says we ought to accept these ones, it seems to me that to embrace a lie that increases one’s chances of suicide by a factor of nine can’t be considered loving from any angle.
Listen, any of us can fall prey to a lie. And any of us, if we embrace that lie long enough, can and will end up believing it regardless of its validity. This kind of delusional artificial reality is overwhelming almost every aspect of our society today. And, generations of children are being programed to believe these things.
Certainly, some in our world today are “willfully perverted and satanically bent on destroying what is left of the fabric of Christian culture.” So although we must have compassion there is a cause! The only way these trends can be reversed and the degradation of our society can be stopped is for a genuine spiritual awakening. And, if followers of the Lord Jesus continue in their comfortable little American life, living some of what they know to be Biblical truth while ignoring much, we indeed have NO hope.
The need of the hour is the same as it has always been:
First, Followers of Jesus Christ to repent of their sin, purify their lives and surrender completely to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
Second, to become the pray warriors we are called to be.
Third, to seek to live with such power from on-high that the reality of Christ cannot be ignored.
Forth, to live and preach the life-changing, bondage-breaking gospel everywhere we go. This always includes giving the truth in love - no matter how uncomfortable and regardless of the consequences.
As I review these words I have written, it appears to me that every word is consistent with thousands of years of Jewish and Christian orthodoxy. Yet, some will see it as radical and offensive. And I am convinced, that unless things change, these words will one day result in jail-time as the enforcers of political correctness seek to control our culture. Yet, we must as believers be more offended for the glory of our Christ than the world is by what they see as an assault on their world-view.